Thai Pork and Shrimp Spring Rolls
4 Dried Chinese mushrooms
2 oz. cellophane noodles
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbs. peanut oil
2 Thai chilies, seeded and chopped
2 Tbs. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
8 oz. ground pork
4 oz. shrimp, cooked peeled, and chopped
1 large carrot, julienne
2 oz. bamboo shoots, chopped
3 scallions, chopped
1 Tbs. cilantro, chopped
2 Tbs. all purpose flour
2 packages of spring roll wrappers (egg roll wrappers also work)
Oil for frying
Pepper, to taste
- Place the mushrooms in hot water until soft (about 20 minutes). Drain and chop, removing and discarding the stem.
- Cook the cellophane noodles in boiling water until soft (3-5 min), drain, cut into 1-2 inch lengths, reserve.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic and chilies, and fry until aromatic (30 seconds). Add the pork and stir-fry until browned.
- Add noodles, mushrooms, shrimp, fish sauce, sugar, and pepper, and heat through.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add carrot, bamboo shoots, scallion, cilantro, and bean sprouts. Mix well.
- Mix flour in a small bowl with water until it forms a paste.
- Place a large spoonful of filling in the middle of a spring roll wrapper. Roll the bottom edge to cover the filling and fold in left and right sides. Roll almost to top edge. Brush edge with flour paste to seal. Repeat.
- Fry in hot oil in a wok, a few rolls at a time. When golden, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Thai sweet chili oil, ponzu sauce, or duck sauce.
Rolling a spring roll:
picture from: Homespun
Go back to Recipes
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls (tastebudtravels.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Dining Out: Asian Love (cookingconsal.wordpress.com)
- Nam Nam Noodle Bar, Raffles City (dommlevin.wordpress.com)
- Brilliant Buffet at the Hilton (durbandiva.wordpress.com)
- Tako Cheena – Orlando, FL (eataduck.wordpress.com)
- Vietnam Eats (ltomkiw.wordpress.com)
One of my favourite dishes EVER. Thank you for posting this. Mmm.
Thanks! I love how all the flavors mix together but remain distinct. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for letting us know this thai pork and Shrimp Stir Fry. I’m sure this recipe was good so I have a plan to cook this one on Sunday so that I can serve it to my family. Keep on sharing!