VERY hot pepper and tomato sauce
This sauce will keep for about a month if packed with vinegar and refrigerated. Use as a starter for other sauces, or to kick up the heat on a marinade, sauce, salad dressing or soup. Can also be spread on sandwiches.
½ cup assorted hot peppers
½ red onion, small chop
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5-6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
Small bunch of basil, chopped
2 cups Prosecco
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbs. olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1 large jar
¼ cup white vinegar (or less)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions until translucent.
- Add peppers and salt to taste. Cook until partly tender for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and Prosecco. Lower the heat and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, add red wine vinegar.
- Wash the jar with hot water and swirl with white vinegar. Air-dry.
- Jar sauce and refrigerate.
- Savoy Cabbage Cones (ninikbecker.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Koshari (Pre-Race Dinner and One of My Favorite Meals) (moveeatcreate.wordpress.com)
- Chinese Sweet & Sour Pork (familyrecipebooks.wordpress.com)
- Seared Salmon with Smokey Barbeque Sauce and Jicama Mango Salsa (optimumnutrition.wordpress.com)