2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup flour
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. butter
½ cup white wine
Juice from two large lemons
2 tsp. lemon zest
3 Tbs. small capers
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Slice and pound the chicken breasts into thin cutlets using two sheets of wax paper and a rolling pin.
- Juice one of the lemons. Brush the chicken cutlets with lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roll the cutlets in flour, shaking off excess
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and oil.
- Add the chicken cutlets a few at a time and brown. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and lemon juice, scraping up all of the bits from the chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes; add lemon zest and capers. Check for flavor, add, salt and pepper if needed.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through for 3-4 minutes