2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup flour
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. butter
½ cup white wine
Juice from two large lemons
2 tsp. lemon zest
3 Tbs. small capers
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Slice and pound the chicken breasts into thin cutlets using two sheets of wax paper and a rolling pin.
- Juice one of the lemons. Brush the chicken cutlets with lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roll the cutlets in flour, shaking off excess
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and oil.
- Add the chicken cutlets a few at a time and brown. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and lemon juice, scraping up all of the bits from the chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes; add lemon zest and capers. Check for flavor, add, salt and pepper if needed.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through for 3-4 minutes
- Lemon and Garlic Chicken (munchyfoodcreativelove.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Piccata (pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com)
- Easy Chicken Fricassee (joinusfordinner.wordpress.com)
- Quick Chick – Piccata, That Is! (cookingwithchar.wordpress.com)
- Lunchbox chicken nuggets (nocornforme.wordpress.com)
I have food allergies..would it still taste okay without the wine and flour? Or is there an alternative that would taste as good? I can’t have anything fermented… nor can I have stuff with flour in it.
Sure, you can substitute the wine for chicken broth, maybe add a little more lemon, and just skip the flour part. You may want to thicken the sauce (if your diet allows) with cornstarch + water OR arrowroot + water. Enjoy!
What about rice flour? Would that work and taste alright? I lived in a place that had a mold problem..and it caused me to be allergic to so many things. It’s awful.
I think it would be fine, it is mostly to brown the chicken and thicken the sauce. I know what you mean about food allergies, I recently developed and allergy to kiwi of all things!
mmmmm and with wine instead of beer like i make it
Beer sounds yummy! Do you have the recipe online?
no i only have time to upload a picture of it and eat it mostly
let me know if you post it!
to much typing my finger would hurt
Really nice … I love that sort of dish!
Pingback: Chicken Scaloppini « vineoflife.net