Creamy Lime Tart
½ box graham crackers
½ c butter
6 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
¾ cup lime juice
2 tsp. grated lime rind
1 Tbs. gelatin
½ cup cream, whipped
Rind of 4 limes, julienne
½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place graham crackers in food processor and process until fine.
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs
- Pour on to pie tin and press on to bottom and sides
- Place in oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool
- Place egg yolks, sugar, and grated lime rind in a heat- proof bowl. Whisk to dissolve the sugar and place over a pot of boiling water.
- Stir constantly for 15 minutes or until thickened. Allow to cool slightly
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and 1 ½ Tbs. of water. Leave until spongy and stir until dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture into the lime curd and allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally
- When mixture is cool, fold in cream and pour into pie crust.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before garnishing
- For garnish, mix sugar and 3 Tbs. water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Add lime rind and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Place candied rinds on rack and allow to dry before garnishing
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving
- Key Lime Pie Cupcakes- South Florida Style! (indulgencerecreated.wordpress.com)
- Mango & Lemongrass Tart with Coconut Pastry (urbanspicehomewares.com)
- Key Lime Meringue Pie (nancysrecipes.wordpress.com)
Reads and looks yummy. Will have to try it.
I’ll make it next time I see you!
It looks delicious!
Pingback: Sprit Cookies | familyrecipebooks