Colombian Rice Pudding, Arroz con Leche
Colombian Rice Pudding
Arroz con Leche
2 cups white rice
12 cups milk
½ cup sugar
1 cup condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
6 sticks cinnamon
Powdered cinnamon to taste
- In a large sauce pan, boil the milk, sugar and the cinnamon sticks
- Add rice when milk comes to a boil and lower heat to low.
- Cook until the rice is almost fully cooked and the milk has been absorbed, stirring constantly
- In a separate bowl, mix the condensed milk and vanilla
- Stir this mixture into the rice
- Continue to stir until the condensed milk has thickened.
- Pour into a glass container and top with powdered cinnamon and raisins if desired.
Can be served warm or cold.
- Rice Pudding…how come the world stopped making it? (amandasbequest.wordpress.com)
- Payesh/Payasam/Rice and milk pudding (spicesandpisces.wordpress.com)
- Eric Logan: 3 Guys From Miami Cuban Food Recipes. (3guysfrommiami.com)
- RICE KHEER RECIPE (Rice Pudding) (learncookingtogether.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Coconut Black Rice Pudding – Recipes From The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Creamy Rice Pudding (dishingitoutwithclarissa.com)
- Rice Pudding With Roasted Strawberries (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
Pingback: Arroz con Leche and Rice Pudding: Every Country has its own Version | The Rambling Epicure
Pingback: Heavenly Hash Pudding | familyrecipebooks